It is Helen Bauzons’ strong recommendation to make this recipe more Lap Band friendly by cutting the salad into very small pieces and chewing well. As it could be slightly on the more difficult side of managing, it is best to eat for the last meal of the day when the gastric band is the loosest.
- tablespoon kecap manis
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 (250g) medium carrots, peeled, cut into matchsticks
- 200g Japanese-style teriyaki tofu, thinly sliced
- 1 cup beansprouts, trimmed
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 80g baby Asian salad greens
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
Whisk kecap manis and soy sauce together in a jug.
Combine carrot, tofu, beansprouts, onion and salad greens in a bowl. Drizzle with kecap manis mixture. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve.