Ingredients (serves 10)
- 1kg sweet potato (kumara), peeled, coarsely chopped
- 125ml (1/2 cup) milk(skin milk or low fat milk)
- 1 tbs vegetable oil (cut back on the oil)
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled, finely chopped
- 1 red capsicum, halved, seeded, finely chopped
- 250ml can Ayam Malaysian Rendang Sauce
- 125ml (1/2 cup) water
- 2 x 400g cans brown lentils, rinsed, drained
- 150g (1 cup) frozen peas
- 40g (1/2 cup) coarsely grated cheddar
- Baby rocket leaves, to serve
Preheat oven to 200ºC. Cook the sweet potato in a large saucepan of boiling water for 10 minutes or until tender. Drain and return to the pan. Add milk and mash until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook the onion, carrot and capsicum, stirring, for 3 minutes or until soft. Add the sauce, water, lentils and peas, and simmer for 2 minutes or until the mixture thickens slightly.
Transfer the lentil mixture to a 1.5L (6-cup) capacity ovenproof dish. Top with sweet potato and sprinkle with the cheddar. Bake for 10 minutes or until cheddar melts and is golden. Serve with baby rocket leaves.
Source – Good taste