- 2 x 300g cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups thick Greek-style yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 egg
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 3 green onions, finely sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 tablespoons mango chutney
- 1 cucumber, sliced, to serve
- Pulse chickpeas in food processor until roughly chopped. Add 1/2 cup yoghurt, curry powder, egg and breadcrumbs. Process until mixture is well-combined, but still chunky. Spoon into a large bowl. Add green onions and coriander. Season with salt and pepper. Stir until well-combined.
- Roll 2 tablespoons of mixture per chickpea patty into balls. Place on a greased baking tray and put in the fridge until required.
- Heat oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Flatten balls into patties. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
- Combine remaining yoghurt and chutney and mix well. Serve with cucumber slices and chickpea patties.
Source: Super Food Ideas – July 2003, Page 62
Recipe by Dixie Elliott
Photography by Mark O’Meara