Lap Band Dietitian Helen Bauzon has provided suggestions below (in red) to help improve the calorie content of the recipe below and to teach you how to make it more band friendly.
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons skim milk
- 1 tablespoon finely-chopped chives
- olive oil cooking spray
- 2 slices rye bread (better bread for banded individuals include, burgen breads, pumpernickle bread, mountain bread, or consider toasting the bread. If all breads are difficult, use wholegrain dry biscuit. Keep in mind if you don’t want the carbohydrates just eat the egg and salad.)
- 4 slices smoked salmon
- 1 cup baby spinach
- Whisk eggs, milk, chives and salt and pepper in a jug until small bubbles appear.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over high heat. Reduce heat to low. Spray pan with oil. Beat egg mixture again and pour into pan. As egg begins to set, stir gently with a wooden spoon, tilting pan to allow uncooked egg to come in contact with the base. Cook until eggs form creamy curds. Remove pan from heat immediately.
- Meanwhile, toast bread. Top toast with scrambled eggs, salmon and spinach. Season with salt and pepper. Serve.
Source Super Food Ideas – May 2006, Page 51 – Recipe by Kim Meredith