This recipes can be disastrous with the Lap Band, because if you try to take a bite you will consume too much per mouthful. So all you need to do is to eat with a knife and fork to cut up into small pieces.
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 500g lean beef mince
- 1/2 cup peanut satay sauce
- 1/3 cup (80ml) beef stock
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves, plus extra to garnish
- 12 butter lettuce leaves
- 1/2 telegraph cucumber, peeled, chopped
- 1/4 cup roasted peanuts, chopped
Heat the oil in a wok or frypan over medium heat. Add onion and beef, and cook for 5-6 minutes until meat is browned all over. Stir in satay sauce, stock and soy. Cook for a further minute, then add the coriander. Serve beef in lettuce leaves garnished with cucumber, peanuts and extra coriander.