- 1 cup mashed potato, cold
- 415g can red or pink salmon, drained, bones removed, flaked (see note)
- 2 tbs gherkins, finely chopped
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup dried breadcrumbs
- Combine cold mashed potato, canned salmon, finely chopped gherkins, thinly sliced green onions, lightly beaten egg and dried breadcrumbs in a bowl. Shape into 8 patties.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook patties, in batches, for 4 minutes each side or until golden. Drain on paper towel. Cool. Refrigerate for up to 2 days.
Source: Super Food Ideas – February 2013, Page 29
Recipe by Kim Coverdale
Photography by Andrew Young