Lap Band Dietitian Helen Bauzon has provided suggestions below (in red) to help improve the calorie content of the recipe below and to teach you how to make it more band friendly.
Cooking Time - 15 minutes
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 4 (about 220g each) skinless salmon fillets
- 2 ripe mangoes, cheeks removed, peeled, finely chopped
- 1 long fresh red chilli, halved, de-seeded, thinly sliced
- 2 tbs chopped fresh coriander
- 1 tbs fresh lime juice
- 1 bunch asparagus, woody ends trimmed
- Lime wedges, to serve
- Heat oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Season salmon with salt and pepper. Cook for 3-4 minutes each side or until just cooked through.
- Meanwhile, combine the mango, chilli, coriander and lime juice in a bowl. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook the asparagus in a saucepan of boiling water for 2-3 minutes or until bright green and tender crisp.
- Divide the salmon among serving plates. Top with asparagus and salsa and serve with lime wedges.
Good Taste – December 2006 , Good Taste – December 2006, Page 37 , Recipe by Michelle Southan
Cook the asparagus well to avoid the stork creating a blockage. Consume a portion that would fit on a toddlers plate.