YOU CAN MAKE THIS BAND FRIENDLY BY:
- Avoiding the bread or swapping to flat pita bread
- cut up all food into small pieces smaller than a 1tsp portion
- 3 large Roma tomatoes
- 1 tsp chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tbs olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- 125g bacon, trimmed
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 bunch English spinach, steamed
- Preheat grill to medium – high. Cut the tomatoes in quarters lengthways. Place on a rack over the grill pan. Combine the thyme, oil and some salt and pepper. Drizzle over the tomato and grill for 6-8 minutes or until softened. Transfer to a plate and cover to keep warm.
- Place bacon onto the grill tray and cook for 4-5 minutes or until cooked to your liking. Keep warm.
- Meanwhile, bring a saucepan of water to the boil. Add the vinegar. Make a whirlpool, then drop the eggs into the water one at a time. Reduce the heat to very low and cook for 2-3 minutes for soft boiled. Use a slotted spoon to transfer to a plate with the bacon, spinach, tomatoes and toast/or avoid the bread.
Source Fresh Living – May 2005 , Page 44
Recipe by Louise Pickford