TO MAKE BAND FRIENDLY, ENSURE FOOD IS CUT UP INTO SMALL PIECES AND THE SPINACH IS NOT TOO STRINGY and consider scrambled egg as an alternative as these are often easier than omelettes
- olive oil spray
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 50g baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 3 egg whites
- Lightly spray a non-stick frying pan with olive oil spray. Add green onion, spinach and dill, and cook over medium heat until spinach is wilted. Remove from pan and season with sea salt and cracked black pepper.
- Lightly spray pan again with a little oil. In a bowl, whisk egg whites with electric beaters until soft peaks form.
- Add egg whites to the pan and cook over medium heat for 2 minutes or until nearly set. Sprinkle spinach filling over half the omelette and cook for further 3 minutes or until the base is golden.
- Carefully fold over omelette to enclose filling. Serve immediately.
Source Taste.com.au – September 2007 , Page 4
Recipe by Jody Vassallo