Helen Bauzon’s recommendations to make Lap Band Friendly Meal includes:
- make sure the meal is eaten with an oyster fork take 1 tsp mouthful portions at a time.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 80g sliced light ham, chopped
- 4 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 small tomato, seeds removed, diced
- 2 tablespoons flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon low-fat ricotta cheese, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon light thickened cream (Use low fat plain yogurt instead)
- 30g baby spinach, trimmed
- 4 slices crusty wholegrain bread, toasted, to serve (or consider wholegrain biscuits if it is easier at breakfast)
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease four 1/2-cup capacity ovenproof ramekins and arrange ham to line base and sides.
- Crack 1 egg into each ramekin. Top each with a quarter of the tomato, parsley and ricotta. Drizzle 1 teaspoon cream (use low fat plain yogurt – drop the fat) over each. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake pies for 15 to 18 minutes for soft yolks or until egg is cooked to your liking. Stand for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Divide spinach between plates. Turn out ham and egg pies and place on top of spinach. Serve with toast.
Super Food Ideas – November 2005
Recipe by Kerrie Sun