This recipes can be disastrous with the Lap Band, because if you try to take a bite you will consume too much per mouthful. So all you need to do is to eat with a knife and fork to cut up into small pieces.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, from the pantry
- 300g Coles Butcher 5 star beef mince
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 stick celery, finely diced
- 1/4 cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1 spring onion, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 heads mini cos lettuce, stem ends trimmed about 16-20 leaves
- 1/4 bunch coriander, roughly chopped
- 4 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
Heat a large frying pan over medium high heat. Add half the oil and brown the beef for 3-4 minutes, stirring to break up any large chunks. Season to taste with salt and pepper, remove the beef from the pan to a plate.
Return the pan to the heat and add remaining oil. Add the garlic, celery and cabbage and cook for 3 minutes, stirring often or until the vegetables are slightly tender. Add the hoisin sauce, return the meat to the pan and cook for 30 seconds.
Stir in the bean sprouts, carrot and spring onion and season to taste with salt and pepper. Remove the mixture from the heat.
Fill the lettuce leaves with the beef mixture and garnish with the coriander. Serve immediately with the sweet chilli sauce.