To Make this meal more lap band friendly please cut the greens up into small pieces and avoid the thin stems as they can be too stringy to chew into a paste. Cut the meat into small pieces also.
- 250g piece best-quality beef fillet, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons truffle oil (see note) or extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped chives
- 1/2 cup (40g) shaved parmesan
- Wild rocket leaves and lemon wedges, to serve
- Enclose the beef tightly in plastic wrap and freeze for 30 minutes (this will make it easier to thinly slice).
- Unwrap the beef and very thinly slice, using a sharp knife. Place the slices of beef between sheets of plastic wrap and flatten them out with a rolling pin.
- Arrange 4 or 5 slices of beef on each serving plate and drizzle with oil. Season well with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, then scatter with pine nuts, chives and shaved parmesan. Serve with rocket leaves and lemon wedges.
Source: delicious. – May 2012, Page 77
Recipe by Valli Little
Photography by Jeremy Simon