- 300g fresh spinach leaves
- 120g dried chick peas
- 1 L water
- pinch sea salt
- 2 medium onions, peeled and halved
- 50g olive oil
- 200g carrots, cut into pieces
- 3 cloves garlic
- 150g turnips cut into pieces (optional)
- pepper to taste
- Place spinach into Varoma dish and set aside.
- Place chick peas into TM bowl and mill for 1 minute on speed 9. Set aside.
- Add water, salt, onions, olive oil, carrots, garlic, turnips (if using) lastly pulverized chick peas.
- Close lid and set Varoma into position.
- Cook for 25 minutes at Varoma temperature on speed 1.
- Remove Varoma and replace MC. Slowly blend for 30 seconds by bringing dial up to speed 8-9.
- Divide steamed spinach into serving bowls and pour soup over.
Source: From the Full Steam Ahead Cookbook