Helen Bauzon’s recommendations to make Lap Band Friendly Meal includes:
- make sure the meal is eaten with a knife and fork to take 1 tsp mouthful portions at a time.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 rashers rindless bacon, chopped
- 1 small brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon hot paprika
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 x 400g cans borlotti beans, drained, rinsed
- 4 wholegrain English muffins
- 2 tablespoons flat-leaf parsley leaves
- Step 1
Heat oil in a deep, non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add bacon and cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until crisp. Remove bacon from pan using a slotted spoon and set aside.
Add onion to frying pan. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until onion is tender and light golden. Add garlic and paprika. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
Return bacon to frying pan. Add the tomatoes, sugar, tomato paste and beans. Cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes or until heated through. Season with salt and pepper.
Split muffins and toast. Spread with butter. Place on serving plates. Spoon over baked beans. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve.
Source Super Food Ideas – May 2007 , Page 52
Recipe by Tracy Rutherford