(banded portions will be smaller, as the band does feel tighter in the morning)
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 3 cups rolled oats (see note)
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened apple juice
- 1 granny smith apple, coarsely grated
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 small limes, juiced
- 1 cup thick, plain yogurt (Use low fat yogurt)
- 1 cup mixed fresh berries (we used blackberries, strawberries, raspberries)
- NO need for the extra calories of honey, so I removed this from the drizzle on top
Place oats in a large bowl. Pour over apple juice to cover. Stir to combine. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Just before serving, stir in apple, almonds, 1/4 cup lime juice, 3/4 cup yoghurt and 3/4 cup mixed berries.
- Spoon muesli into bowls. Top with remaining yoghurt and mixed berries. Serve immediately.
This recipe is best made 1 day in advance.
Use regular (not quick-cooking) rolled oats for this recipe.
Tip: You could replace the yoghurt in step 3 with milk.
Super Food Ideas – December 2005, Page 77
Recipe by Michelle Noerianto