- 350g Pearl Barley (soaked overnight in cold water)
- 1 Leek, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp vegetable concentrate or chicken stock
- 900g water
- 100g white wine
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- 50g Parmesan Cheese cubed
- 20g Olive Oil
- Bunch of Asparagus cut into 2cm stalks
- Olives pitted
- 100g Baby Spinach
- Grate Parmesan for 15 secs, spd 9. Set aside.
- Place leek in bowl and chop for 5 secs , spd 5.
- Add oil and cook for 3 minutes at 100ºc on speed 2.
- Add wine and barley. Saute for 3 minutes at 100ºc on Reverse, speed 1.5.
- Add stock and water, cook for 25 minutes at 100ºc on Reverse, speed 1.5.
- In last 5 minutes add asparagus and olives.
- Place into Thermoserve, add baby spinach and parmesan.
- Stir through and leave to absorb for 5 minutes before serving.
Source: by Kim Smith, Thermomix Consultant